The Learning Disabilities Association of Northeast Ohio is offering a unique opportunity for Parents and Teachers to learn about Specific Learning Disabilities. The sessions willgive parents and teachers an increased understanding of SLD, special education laws, evaluations, and IEPs.
A Unique Learning
• The nature of Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
• An in-depth look at the Individuals with Disabilities
Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504
• The Evaluation Process: Identification of the
• The Nuts and Bolts of Individual Education
• Strategies for Parents and Teachers.
• Ten Professional Development contact hours will be offered through State Support
Team Region 3.
DATES, LOCATION & FEE: LDANEO OFFICE, 4800 East 131st Street, Suite B, Garfield Hts.
Every Tuesday and Thursday, beginning Thursday
October 23, 28*, 30; November 4, 6
6:30p - 8:30p
Members: $15 Non-Members: $25
*This class will be held at Corporate College– East at 7 p.m. It will be led by Bobbe Miller, Education
Consultant with Squire, Sanders and Dempsey L.L.P.
Interested? Call (216) 581-4549 or log on to www. ldaneo.org for more information.
Please note: The LDANEO office is not ADA accessible.